This blog is a continuation of
Renegade Grace - the newsletter
that goes out monthly to those who have signed up. Past Newsletters are in the Archives. Be sure to start getting these updates by adding yourself to the list today!

SEED SUBJECT OF THIS MONTH:

FORGIVENESS
the gold ring

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Forgiveness: the gold ring

ADDITIONAL QUOTATIONS

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.
–Mark Twain

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
–Mahatma Gandhi

Life is an adventure in forgiveness.
–Norman Cousins

Forgiveness is the final form of love.
–Reinhold Niebuhr

One forgives to the degree that one loves.
–Francois de la Rochefoucauld

For my part, I believe in the forgiveness of sins and the redemption of ignorance.
–Adlai E. Stevenson

Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again.
–Saint Augustine

Forgiveness means letting go of the past.
–Gerald Jampolsky

God will forgive me. It’s his job.
–Heinrich Heine


Make a comment on my Blog!

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'm in awe,this could be a Phd. dissertation. Your writing is eloquent,deeply thought and engaging.But,why am I not surprised. Skd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, Your newsletter was so well written and so sad! After I read it I wanted to give you a hug- so I hope you are feeling it! The time in Europe with Ken was beautiful- both the locations and the time you two had together. What a special relationship. I can feel that you still miss him- He truly was the love of your life. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally amazing. I get mesmerized reading these newsletters. So powerful.....
    Shoshie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace: Inspiring. Awesome. I just love your writing and all that you're sharing. Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  5. i sat at the computer and wept. liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to talk to you more about this, Grace, but in a word, gripping.
    I have to go back and read your newsletter from last month. I printed it out, but never got to it yet. It looked so fascinating D. Bucher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace,
    Thank you so much for sharing. I attended a retreat in April on the power of forgiveness and the struggles encountered through the process to reach the stage of forgiveness. I admire your tenacity to overcome the experiences that you endured in your journey and celebrate the personal power you currently possess as a result of being able to forgive. We all know that forgiving does not mean forgetting..
    Marlent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace,
    I found this fascinating knowing pieces of your history and this filled in your story. What a good writer you are!
    Hope you are doing well!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grace,

    Beautifully written and deeply revealing . . .or perhaps 'unveiling', as these things do seem to slowly evolve into clarity as time passes by and wisdom continues to blossom. Keep up the good work . . .

    With love,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete