This blog is a continuation of
Renegade Grace - the newsletter
that goes out monthly to those who have signed up. Past Newsletters are in the Archives. Be sure to start getting these updates by adding yourself to the list today!

SEED SUBJECT OF THIS MONTH:

FORGIVENESS
the gold ring

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

LORD CHESTERFIELD

Dude of Doom & Gloom – Sturm und Drang
(a guy so bad, we have to say it in German)


I found these quotations which startled me. I did a double take:
Was I seeing straight!?

There is nothing so illiberal, and so ill-bred, as audible laughter.
–Lord Chesterfield


Frequent, loud laughter is characteristic of ill manners.
–Lord Chesterfield


His life spilled out in my imagination. This could not have been pretty! Even worse than I thought. Oh, lordy, Lord Chesterfield:

Chesterfield was selfish, calculating and contemptuous; he was not naturally generous, and he practiced dissimulation till it became part of his nature. In spite of his brilliant talents and of the admirable training he received, his life, on the whole, cannot be pronounced a success.

Lord Chesterfield Biography from Basic Famous People -Biographies...

Jeez Louise, what more do we need! Gimme a belly laugh, quick!

Make a comment on my Blog!

Upcoming weekly installations:


  • BLOG #3 • JUNE 29 • THE HEALING POWER OF LAUGHTER
    How the Marx Brothers Brought Norman Cousins Back to Life

  • BLOG #4 • JULY 6 • GIGGLE from Wonderful Ways to Love a Child

1 comment:

  1. Grace,

    Loved your newsletter.
    I would buy the book.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete